cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect - Failed To Launch Downloader

jacovr
Level 1
Level 1

I am running Posture Checks on a large network and have 1 Machine are giving me the following error on the posture module:   (v4.4)

System Scan:

Failed to launch downloader.

I have reloaded the client & checked for firewalls/Antivirus ect

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Please generate DART bundle & work with TAC on this.

-Aravind

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

Cristian Ruta
Level 1
Level 1

Try to update ISE resources by downloading the compliance modules (again).

Downloading is not helping it still shows the same error. Even I am facing the same issue.

Please generate DART bundle & work with TAC on this.

-Aravind

This cannot be the solution !!
If a discussion is to be opened, the real solution must be provided and not given as solved just that "a case must be opened with the TAC".
This is absurd.
Now not only is Cisco software and TAC support bad, discussion forums are bad too.

Go on work Centers > Posture> Client Provision > Client Provisioning Policy - check your Client client provisioning policy under the Results column check the config name. Go on resources and select the config name above hit edit and change the  compliance module to 4.3.2009.614

just solved it today. +263779725450 

We have the same issue not solved. Our compliance on AC 4.10 is 4.3.2336.6145. The same PC works using Enterprise WiFi but not on corporate wired.

This is a non-working &  generic answer! It was attached to no avail. 

I have the same error, on a Mac, with newly installed macOS 10.15.7 (Catalina).

As the System scan is completed, the following error appears: Failed to launch downloader.

NB. It dies not occurs on a Mac that is upgraded  (from Mojave) to macOS 10.15.7. 
Attached: Console log errors and Failed to launch screenshot. 
Please advise. 

62C34CB5-9AFD-45E8-97BE-629F6D5E131E.jpeg

C30863B9-36F6-4CBF-8883-2F1329319F8D.jpeg

iroperto1
Level 1
Level 1
Contacting Cisco TAC doesn't resolved the issue. What's the step from TAC showing what was done?

timothy.miche
Level 1
Level 1

The issue appeared for us when certificates expired which were used for the Profile function. After updating the certificates, the associated PSN's required a manual reboot. Following the reboot and after all the services came back up, the connections were able to be successful. 

Thank you!!!  After loading the new certs I had to reload only one of the units.  The others worked.  Very strange.

Where did you update the cert.? 

I had to update the certs in ISE.

Jan Slabber
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I also have this issue, may I ask if anybody can look at the DART please?  I have install the root cert, restarted and also un-installed multiple times.

Version: 4.8.03052

Appreciate the help.

I had a similar issue, for me problem was that  the version of ISE compliance module instaled on PC  was higher than configured on ISE,

You need to have the same or lower version of the compliance module installed on PC, if the version is lower AnyConnect will the upgrade module, if PC has installed a higher version it will fail,

because  AnyConnect is trying to downgrade the compliance module but downgrade is not supported.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: