Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM with ACS and Two Factor Authentication

davidbuit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have recently deployed Cisco ACS using two factor (RSA) authentication to manage our AAA access to our firewalls. This is now in place and working correctly however we have any issue with ASDM. The initial authentication works correctly however the account soon becomes locked out. I imagine this is due to the fact ASDM must be using the origional token code to authenticate with the device when trying to get updated info from the firewall and the token has expired.

is it possible to use Two Factor authentication to control access via ASDM and if so, how is this best implemented? Do I need to make changes to ASDM?

Your assistance is much appreciated!

2 Replies 2

htarra
Level 4
Level 4

Unfortunately, ASDM will not work in such a configuration. ASDM creates transient HTTPS connections to the ASA in order to configure the box. If these are authenticated using one-time passwords, the cached credentials that ASDM uses.

David Flores
Level 1
Level 1

I have this same issue. Has any work around been produced in 7 years?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: