Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Backup/restore migration from 2.1 to 2.7

Hi Gents

i need to implement subject. & so far i've figured out imaging 1st new box with 2.2 then restore from 2.1 backup then backing up from 2.2 then reimaging with 2.7 then restoring  from 2.2 backup.

does it look optimal or is there better path?

br andy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

actually the goal is to migrate from 2.1 on SNS-3495 to 2.7 on SNS-3655 keeping the old deployment addressing.

because on 2.7 restore from 2.1 backup is not n option interim SW is needed. this is where the dancing begins. reimaging of SNS-36XX with 2.[24] wont work. with TAC it was identified that reimaging with 2.6 will work & restore on 2.6 from 2.1 backup is n option. then reimaging with 2.7 with restoring from 2.6 backup.

good luck to everyone 

UPD: yesterday i was reimaging SNS-3655 to 2.7. it was horror: i've been w8ing 1H per CARSise* & 30m per Oraclesw* package. despite the fact that win-machine's browser with its "DAS"-located images is just 1 hop away from ISE-node in the same DC. i suspect "DAS" to be n issue here.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

tnx Balaji.

so... it looks like i'm on only right way? :0)

You are, I am guessing here you are doing  VM deployment, so your ISE 2.1(OLD suggest to keep still keep offline ) until you total move 2.7 as roll back plan.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

actually the goal is to migrate from 2.1 on SNS-3495 to 2.7 on SNS-3655 keeping the old deployment addressing.

because on 2.7 restore from 2.1 backup is not n option interim SW is needed. this is where the dancing begins. reimaging of SNS-36XX with 2.[24] wont work. with TAC it was identified that reimaging with 2.6 will work & restore on 2.6 from 2.1 backup is n option. then reimaging with 2.7 with restoring from 2.6 backup.

good luck to everyone 

UPD: yesterday i was reimaging SNS-3655 to 2.7. it was horror: i've been w8ing 1H per CARSise* & 30m per Oraclesw* package. despite the fact that win-machine's browser with its "DAS"-located images is just 1 hop away from ISE-node in the same DC. i suspect "DAS" to be n issue here.