Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't access ISE configured devices thru the console cable:

DSterling
Level 1
Level 1

Can't access ISE configured devices thru the console cable:

i.e. there is a cisco c9500 switch/router connected to the ISE.

The 9500 is configured in ISE and can be accessed with SSH. Note: it's the same with other devices configured in ISE. I can access thru ssh, but to access thru the console port I have to disconnect the ISE.

Thank you,
Dave

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

DSterling
Level 1
Level 1

This was the fix,  added the following to aaa authentication configuration: 

aaa authentication login default local

I now can access thru the console with out disconnecting the TACACS/ISE server. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- What happens when trying , do you have an authentication error , or other ?
           - Check logs on the switch(es) through SSH just after trying , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

%SEC_LOGIN-4-LOGIN_FAILED Login failed [user: username] [Source: 192.168.1.5] [localport: 23] [Reason: Login Authentication failed]

- Check the running configuration of the console line  ; make sure that the authentication schemes attached to it have local as higher priority w.r.t    ise-radius , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

DSterling
Level 1
Level 1

deleted post

DSterling
Level 1
Level 1

This was the fix,  added the following to aaa authentication configuration: 

aaa authentication login default local

I now can access thru the console with out disconnecting the TACACS/ISE server.