Views
Helpful
Replies

Change ISE DNS IP

fdharmawan
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Guys,

Is there any procedure on how to change ISE IP address? We just migrated the DNS server and need to update the settings on the ISE.

What I know so far is that I suppose to change it via CLI. Our current setting is "ip name-server 192.168.0.10 192.168.0.11". In order to update it, I think I need to issue the "ip name-server 192.168.0.100 192.168.0.200" command. There are some questions that I do not get the answer to so far.
1. Should I issue the "no ip name-server 192.168.0.10 192.168.0.11" command to remove the old setting?
2. Should I restart the server or service of the ISE? If so, what is the procedure

Thank you.

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If this is only DNS changing on ISE  check this thread :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-access-control/cisco-ise-dns-configuration/td-p/4505915

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Changing the 'ip name-server' configuration will require a restart of ISE services on the node.

I would suggest using the 'reset-config' CLI command to make all necessary changes with a single restart of the ISE services. Otherwise, you will be prompted to restart the services with each change (no ip name-server xxx = restart #1; ip name-server xxx = restart #2, etc).