cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failed to upgrade node role to Primary PAP - Cisco ISE

Andrew Woolman
Level 1
Level 1

I wish I had something else to add to this, but I don't.

When I try to promote to Primary this message pops up briefly and then I'm logged out.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@Andrew Woolman 

What is the state of the "currently" active PAN? Is it still accessible via the Admin GUI?

If the promotion of the Standby PAN doesn't work, then it sounds like there might be a config sync issue.

I would ssh to the Standby PAN and analyse the logs whilst attempting another promotion

term length 0
show logging application ise-psc.log tail

If the Primary is still alive and well, then perhaps also force a sync via the Deployment menu.

Reboot the Standby and try again.

Call TAC ...

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Well there are a few more things to say : you don't mention ISE version being used and or describe the used ISE topology (e.g.) 

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Fair point. This is ISE 2.4 patch 12 in a two node deployment.

@Andrew Woolman 

What is the state of the "currently" active PAN? Is it still accessible via the Admin GUI?

If the promotion of the Standby PAN doesn't work, then it sounds like there might be a config sync issue.

I would ssh to the Standby PAN and analyse the logs whilst attempting another promotion

term length 0
show logging application ise-psc.log tail

If the Primary is still alive and well, then perhaps also force a sync via the Deployment menu.

Reboot the Standby and try again.

Call TAC ...

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

how many node deployment ? check any upgrade still taking place ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: