Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 1.2 CWA Redirect URL

graham.harper
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Just wondered was there anyway to manipulate what webauth URL is sent to a client in the redirect string. Currently my ISE sends clients the internal machine name, I was wondering if there was anyway I can change this.

I know on local webauth on the WLC you can set external URL's, does this feature exist in the ISE?

TIA

-G

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In ISE 1.2 under the results for authorization, there is a checkbox below the redirect setting. I think it is called static hostname....

Thanks

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In ISE 1.2 under the results for authorization, there is a checkbox below the redirect setting. I think it is called static hostname....

Thanks

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Cheers Tarik, Indeed there is.

ISERedirect.JPG

blenka
Level 3
Level 3

Users Are Not Appropriately Redirected to URL

Symptoms or Issue

Administrator   receives one or more "Bad URL" error messages from Cisco ISE.

Conditions

This   scenario applies to 802.1X authentication as well as guest access sessions.

Click   the magnifying glass icon in Authentications to launch the Authentication   Details. The authentication report should have the redirect URL in the RADIUS   response section as well as the session event section (which displays the   switch syslog messages).

Possible   Causes

Redirection   URL is entered incorrectly with invalid syntax or a missing path component.

Resolution

Verify   that the redirection URL specified in Cisco ISE via Cisco-av pair "URL   Redirect" is correct per the following options:

•CWA   Redirection URL:   https://ip:8443/guestportal/gateway?sessionId=SessionIdValue&action=cwa

•802.1X   Redirection URL:   url-redirect=https://ip:8443/guestportal/gateway?sessionId=SessionIdValue&action=cpp

jwmolenaar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Graham,

If you use the second interface for guest access ISE wil automatically redirect you to the IP address of that interface. If you would like to use a redirect based on a FQDN you can use the CLI command ' ip host '. Make sure that the FQDN matches a resolvable DNS A record.

Best Regards,

Jan-Willem Molenaae

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App