cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.7 - New install - 100% cpu

Y C
Level 1
Level 1

We have an ise 2.1 cluster that's been working for some time. Intent was to start a non-production 2.7 cluster, get it up and running, then move production over to it.

Created new vm #1- installed 2.4 - isntalled patch 13 - restored 2.1 backup - upgraded to 2.7 - installed patch 2 - good

Created new vm #2- installed 2.7 - installed patch 2 - joined to deployment - good

Created new vm #3- installed 2.7 - stayed at 100% cpu pegged - rebooted after 30 min - seems ok

Created new vm #4- installed 2.7 - stayed at 100% cpu pegged for 8 hours - seems ok - havent done patch 2 or joined deployment yet

Created new vm #5- installed 2.7 - stayed at 100% cpu pegged for 8 hours - seems ok - havent done patch 2 or joined deployment yet

Created new vm #6- installed 2.7 - stayed at 100% cpu pegged for 8 hours - seems ok - havent done patch 2 or joined deployment yet

Not sure whats going on with #3-4-5-6. All services were running except application server got stuck initializing. When doing an application stop ise I got the following:

Waiting up to 20 seconds for lock: DATABASE_CLEANUP to complete
Database is still locked by lock: DATABASE_CLEANUP. Aborting. Please try again later
%Error: Another ISE DB process (DATABASE_CLEANUP) is in progress, cannot perform Application Stop at this time

After rebooting #3 the application came up as normal within minutes as expected. I left for the night and came back in the morning - #4-5-6 came up on their own after 8 hours of 100% cpu.  These are brand new installs that have no config. I found an existing past thread that had the same error but that indicated it was on an existing install that possibly had a large db.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jstickler
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem immediately after deploying 2.7 on a 3655 server.  After a while I did a server restart and the Application Server service came up shortly after.  Once that did I immediately installed Patch 2 and it seems to be fine now.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jstickler
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem immediately after deploying 2.7 on a 3655 server.  After a while I did a server restart and the Application Server service came up shortly after.  Once that did I immediately installed Patch 2 and it seems to be fine now.

Yep... there must be a glitch somewhere that intermittently triggers this. #1 started with a different version so I can't consider that... but why it happened on #3-#4-#5-#6 but not #2 is a mystery. Had it happen on my #2 machine I would never have joined it to the deployment.

TAC did a onceover on it and declared it good. No alarms at that point, the certs were generated, no crash files. They joined the deployment ok. I'm chasing other intra-deployment cert issues now but cpu is normal