cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 3.1 DNS connection is not working.

isp3799
Level 1
Level 1

You have installed the ISE 3.1 version and completed the "ip domain-name" and "ip name-server" settings.

DNS is set on Windows server 2012 R2.

I did a health check on ISE 3.1, and it said that the DNS forward and reverse directions could not be checked, so I tried nslookup, and the lookup was not available.

Is there anything I need to check when configuring DNS server in ISE 3.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

- Check if there is no blocking to DNS services on the particular dns server from an Intranet firewall ,also check that the dns services are up and running.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...and it said that the DNS forward and reverse directions could not be checked, 

Please provide  the outputs that you are getting

>....I tried nslookup, and the lookup was not available.

(Also) provide outputs of the command sequence that you tried (and the results)

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

windows server dns status.JPGise_show_run.JPGise_nslookup_test.JPG

Try fqdn like nslookup isepub.uciise.com

-hope this helps-

nslookuptest.JPG

- Check if there is no blocking to DNS services on the particular dns server from an Intranet firewall ,also check that the dns services are up and running.

M.

I confirmed that nslookup works normally by solving the problem that communication between dns server and ise is frequently cut off.

thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: