cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 3.1 DNS connection is not working.

isp3799
Level 1
Level 1

You have installed the ISE 3.1 version and completed the "ip domain-name" and "ip name-server" settings.

DNS is set on Windows server 2012 R2.

I did a health check on ISE 3.1, and it said that the DNS forward and reverse directions could not be checked, so I tried nslookup, and the lookup was not available.

Is there anything I need to check when configuring DNS server in ISE 3.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

- Check if there is no blocking to DNS services on the particular dns server from an Intranet firewall ,also check that the dns services are up and running.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...and it said that the DNS forward and reverse directions could not be checked, 

Please provide  the outputs that you are getting

>....I tried nslookup, and the lookup was not available.

(Also) provide outputs of the command sequence that you tried (and the results)

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

windows server dns status.JPGise_show_run.JPGise_nslookup_test.JPG

Try fqdn like nslookup isepub.uciise.com

-hope this helps-

nslookuptest.JPG

- Check if there is no blocking to DNS services on the particular dns server from an Intranet firewall ,also check that the dns services are up and running.

M.

I confirmed that nslookup works normally by solving the problem that communication between dns server and ise is frequently cut off.

thank you