Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE | change password after reset

Bruno Dinis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

on ISE Guest Access, I've setup change of password required after the first login.

It works very good. After the 1st login the end user is invited to change it normally.

What happen when the end user loses his password, he/she asks for a reset, although, after the reset a new password is given.

after the login with the new password the user is not invited anymore to change the password and I don't know how to configure this option to appear to the users.

can anybody help?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@Bruno Dinis wrote:

Jason, I'm administrating the Sponsor Portal.

A user tells me that he forgot the password.
I go to the Sponsor Portal, and I reset the password. Then I give to him the new password, something like "4#sxSRszk"

if the user wants to change the password, how should he do?

OK thank you, likely by design for now. Please reach out to the TAC and see if they think it can be covered under defect, otherwise its enhancement and you can reach out to http://cs.co/ise-feedback to ask for improvements

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaderson Pessoa
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hello, is necessary to mark the box "change password at login" under user configuration.
Jaderson Pessoa
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***

If this question is for 2.7 password recovery then No it is not.

They are 2 separate issues. One is to recover password, the other is to change it after login so the sponsor doesn’t know your password as they had access to it when it was created

that is checked!
As I said in the thread, initially the user gets prompted to change the password. But if he forgets, the admin resets the password, and then the user is not prompted to change it again.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what ISE version is this :

Look at tthe steps for the Guest password recovery :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-documents/ise-2-7-guest-access-management-features/ta-p/3958846

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Sorry if you recovered the password then only you know it. Then why would you need to change it yet again?

I go to the Sponsor Portal, and I reset the password. Then I give to him the new password, something like "4#sxSRszk"

@Bruno Dinis wrote:

OK thank you, likely by design for now. Please reach out to the TAC and see if they think it can be covered under defect, otherwise its enhancement and you can reach out to http://cs.co/ise-feedback to ask for improvements

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: