Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE downgrade from V2.3.6 to V2.3.

Jihye Han
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi expert,

My customer will plan to upgrde the ISE from V2.3 to V2.3.6.

They would like to know If the upgrade fail, Is there downgrade guide? or should they re-image the ISE to the V2.3 and restore the configuration(V2.3)?

I am looking forward to any feedback.

Best Regards,

Jihye Han.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Upgrading would be going from major/minor versions, where your 2.3 to 2.3.6 scenario would indicate a patch to me.

2.3 to 2.4, or 2.3 to 2.6 would be an upgrade and these are one way. You cannot downgrade an ISE node, it is a one way process. In order to go back from 2.4 to 2.3, you would have to re image the node with 2.3.

2.3 to 2.3 patch 6 is reversible patch. A patch can be uninstalled from a deployment, reverting back to previous patches or unpatched. This can be done via the GUI or via the CLI and requires a reload, it's an easy process.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Upgrading would be going from major/minor versions, where your 2.3 to 2.3.6 scenario would indicate a patch to me.

2.3 to 2.4, or 2.3 to 2.6 would be an upgrade and these are one way. You cannot downgrade an ISE node, it is a one way process. In order to go back from 2.4 to 2.3, you would have to re image the node with 2.3.

2.3 to 2.3 patch 6 is reversible patch. A patch can be uninstalled from a deployment, reverting back to previous patches or unpatched. This can be done via the GUI or via the CLI and requires a reload, it's an easy process.