Helpful
Replies

ISE Guest Portal validate phone number

musultan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Experts,

Greetings,

Do we have a feature where ISE can perform a sanity check against the entered mobile number to ensure it starts with '04...' which is an Australian mobile number and rejects the landline number or show the message to the end-user, please type the mobile number instead of landline number.

For Example:

Some (dumb) users are entering their landline number instead of their mobile number.

Is there a way in ISE to perform a sanity check against the entered mobile number to ensure it starts with '04...' which is an Australian mobile number?

Guests are allowed to send the SMS only.

If this feature is not available, do we have any road-map?

Please advise...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check this out, this may help you figure out something to work, i am not javascript guy but providing sample

This would be put in the optional content 2 on the self-registration page where the phone number is located. For more information working with javascript see my how to

<script>

(function(){

jQuery(document).ready(function() {

setTimeout(function(){

cisco.ise.validation.setPhoneRegex(/^05[0-9]{8}$/);

cisco.ise.validation.setPhoneNumberMessage("Please provide your phone number in format 05XXXXXXXX");

}, 100);

});

})();

</script>

self-reg-phone.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check this out, this may help you figure out something to work, i am not javascript guy but providing sample

This would be put in the optional content 2 on the self-registration page where the phone number is located. For more information working with javascript see my how to

<script>

(function(){

jQuery(document).ready(function() {

setTimeout(function(){

cisco.ise.validation.setPhoneRegex(/^05[0-9]{8}$/);

cisco.ise.validation.setPhoneNumberMessage("Please provide your phone number in format 05XXXXXXXX");

}, 100);

});

})();

</script>

self-reg-phone.png

Also try out this script, it would give people indication on what they should enter.

<script>

jQuery('#ui_phone_number_label').attr("placeholder", "+41798764321”);

</script>

phone-placeholder-guest.png

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: