Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Posture File Conditions - regular expressions

pkarolak76
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I would like to ask if it is possible in ISE Posture File Condition to create a condition verifying the existence of any file with a given extension. E.g

C:\Windows\Minidump\*.dmp

When I try to use the "*" character, I get a message that the filename is invalid.

Regards

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I don't think that is supported, I think you should specify the file name you want to use in the condition.

View solution in original post

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

AFAIK this is not supported. The file existence has to be exact.  Here are all of your other options:

• FileDate: Checks whether a file with a particular file-created or file-modified date exists on the system.

• FileExistence: Checks whether a file exists on the system.

• FileVersion: Checks whether a particular version of a file exists on the system.

• CRC32: Checks the data integrity of a file using the checksum function.

• SHA-256: Checks the data integrity of a file using the hash function.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Personally, i have not tried it - But the wild card has more performance impact on the system - not sure it works or not I will test later.

If you know the known file, why not start with C:\Windows\Minidump\file.dmp  ( file is example of your file name)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi,

The problem is that each file has a different name associated with a date. E.g.

112720-14468-01.dmp

112020-15890-01.dmp

Regards

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure what is that files content, if one of the file can meet the requirement you can take that as a benchmark, and if i get chance to test more files let you know and in condition-based you can try.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I don't think that is supported, I think you should specify the file name you want to use in the condition.

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

AFAIK this is not supported. The file existence has to be exact.  Here are all of your other options:

• FileDate: Checks whether a file with a particular file-created or file-modified date exists on the system.

• FileExistence: Checks whether a file exists on the system.

• FileVersion: Checks whether a particular version of a file exists on the system.

• CRC32: Checks the data integrity of a file using the checksum function.

• SHA-256: Checks the data integrity of a file using the hash function.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: