cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE sizing question - Tacacs only - small network

ewaizel
Level 1
Level 1

I have a basic question about ISE sizing. We bought it and plan to use it only for Tacacs authentication (no NAC). We will have around 150 switches requiring authentication.

Do you think we can do this with the “small” OVA (Virtual SNS-3515 OVA - ISE-3.1.0.xxx-virtual-SNS3615-SNS3655-600.ova).

I’m thinking about a two-node deployment. One node as primary and the other node as secondary for redundancy.

All ISE personas (PAN + MnT + PSN) on the same VM instance.

I can read the 600 GB OVA templates are recommended to meet the minimum requirements for ISE nodes that run the Administration or Monitoring persona. What about Policies?

Thanks in advance

Enrique

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I can read the 600 GB OVA templates are recommended to meet the minimum requirements for ISE nodes that run the Administration or Monitoring persona. What about Policies?

-If deciding to run all 3 personas as you alluded to then the recommended sizing would be 600GB minimum for disk space.  There are some really good resources here that can help: Cisco ISE & NAC Resources - Cisco Community

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If this only for Device admin, no other task small should work for you.

If you deploying 3.0 or higher version i would advise SN3615 ( since as per i know 3515 not scale support 3.X)

VMware Virtual Machine Requirements

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/3-0/install_guide/b_ise_InstallationGuide30/b_ise_InstallationGuide30_chapter_2.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

-If deciding to run all 3 personas as you alluded to then the recommended sizing would be 600GB minimum for disk space.  There are some really good resources here that can help: Cisco ISE & NAC Resources - Cisco Community