cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE will not let me add a switch in the same subnet

Nick O
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to add a switch to add another switch to my network devices on ISE. I have the switches in a x.x.254.0/24 subnet. ISE will not let me add a device in the same subnet. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Not on the switch -  Only ISE Side good enough.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- What do you mean by that ? You can only add one NAD at a time , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You should Ideally be adding your NADs as /32. ISE treats them as individual devices that way.

If you add a NAD as a /24 then all addresses in that subnet are treated as one device. There are use cases for using subnets but you can avoid your issue by changing the way you add them.

Agreed @Damien Miller  - try single IP rather subnet - that should fix the issue.

BB

Nick O
Level 1
Level 1

and that would not affect the way I have them set up on the switch? because I have them set up as a x.x.x.30/24. And if I am understanding what we are saying is that ISE will treat it as a single device with a /32. do I need to make the change on the switch as well? 

Not on the switch -  Only ISE Side good enough.

BB