cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Key Settings to look for to support ISE for Wireless Guest Auth with UniFi

juanpablorivera
Level 1
Level 1

UniFi is not yet listed as a supported third party vendor. But I want to give it a try to see how far can this integration can work.  :D

What are the key settings I need to look for to be available to be configured on UniFi to support ISE Wireless Guest Authentication, besides the following:

- Layer 2: MAC Filtering (For MAB)

- AAA Server (For RADIUS)

- Advanced:

* Allow AAA Override (What other name can this setting have when working with UniFi or other Vendors?)

* DHCP Address Assignment : Required (Straightforward)

* NAC: ISE NAC (This sounds to be a key setting, what exactly does this?)

* Radius Client Profiling: DHCP & HTTP 

- ACLs: One for CWA (Web Redirection) and another to grant Internet access to the Guest  (Airespace ACL)

That would be all the settings I need to look for to configure right? or What other setting am I missing to be supported ?

We only want to implement ISE for Wireless Guest Authentication.

That is it. Not BYOD, Not Posture, No other ISE features.

At first sight, UniFi doesn't seem to have an option available to allow configuration of ACLs. If ACLs are not supported, what other mechanisms would work? 

Will appreciate recommendations and pointers,

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution
5 Replies 5

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ISE supports the standard RADIUS and TACACS protocols and will therefore work with any vendor that supports those protocols. See Does ISE Support My Network Access Device? for details.

We welcome your contribution of a How To Configure UniFi with ISE document to the community when you're done!

Hi everyone!

Do we have any further info on this topic? I'm about to integrate my Guest config from ISE with Unifi, and for so, I'm looking for some documentation...

Thanks.

what info you looking, suggest to open a new thead with your environment and what have you tried and what is the issue in more details for community to help if we can

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help