Views
Helpful
Replies

Many ACS intances to One ISE Instance best practices migration

Samuel Vuillaume
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey guys

My client is migrating 4xACS deployments to 1xISE instance. The migration allows only 1:1 ACS to ISE. So my client migrated their biggest ACS env to ISE.

What is then the best way for my client to import the other 3xACS env policies to the new ISE instance?

Thank you

Sam

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Cory Peterson
Level 5
Level 5

Currently there is no way to import Policy in to ISE therefor they would need to build them manually. 

As for the NADs, you can export all the NADs from ACS and then modify the exported CSV to match the ISE CSV import format to import all the NADs in to ISE. You can create an import template CSV from Work Centers --> Network Access --> Network Resources --> Network Devices --> Import Network Device 

Screenshot_7.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Cory Peterson
Level 5
Level 5

Currently there is no way to import Policy in to ISE therefor they would need to build them manually. 

As for the NADs, you can export all the NADs from ACS and then modify the exported CSV to match the ISE CSV import format to import all the NADs in to ISE. You can create an import template CSV from Work Centers --> Network Access --> Network Resources --> Network Devices --> Import Network Device 

Screenshot_7.png

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Per Krishnan, the migration tool from ISE 2.2+ may selectively allow import and merge certain elements from ACS. For example, new users and new network devices can be imported into ISE. The device admin policies may be imported if ISE has only policies for network access.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: