cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"network error:buffer was too small"-ACS

jpoulos
Level 1
Level 1

I configured acs to authent. all inbound connections, but when I try to use lotes notes coming through the firewall it doesn't prompt for a password and it gives me this error "Network error: Buffer was too small." Also I need to allow email to the smtp server. I tried using the exclude command, but that's not working. I'm using Tacacs+ on secure ACS v2.6 and a PIX 520 running 5.2(1). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

John Poulos

Systems Engineer

2 Replies 2

wdrootz
Level 4
Level 4

The PIX only supports authentication on FTP, Telnet and HTTP so notes and smtp won’t work. If you use the aaa authen “any” command all other ports will be blocked until you authenticate with one of those three methods. You need to use the aaa exclude inbound command to bypass authentication to those servers AND make sure to wr mem reload or at least cl uauth after doing so.

Thanks for your post. I finally figured it out. I am going to have my remote users go to the intranet page, where they will be authenticated(http), and then they can get their Lotus Notes. My new problem is my VPN people are getting authenticated, but their are not getting accounted. No info on them being logged to the AAA server. Any ideas. Thanks