cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

When Using Cisco ISE Identity PSK - the WLAN keys show in Live Log details

waynesymes
Level 1
Level 1

With current configuration setup for ISE and ID-PSK, using Cisco AV Pairs in the Authorization profile to hold the network key - these attributes in the Authorization profile are shown in clear text in the Live log details. The ISE Live Logs are accessible - typically by lowest level admins in ISE (i.e. HelpDesk). Is there a way to hide or block these components of the Authz Profile from showing in the live logs? Looking for something similar to how invalid user credentials/identity can be blocked via RADIUS protocol settings from showing in live logs and Live log details

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
4 Replies 4

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

All attributes are shown for troubleshooting purpose and as far as i know, there's no way to hide them.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

I kind of figured as much. For corporations leveraging this feature, this can put lower-tier support team enablement at odds with the security of the wireless network. (As secure as WPA2-PSK is in this day and age). One of the great benefits of ISE is the HelpDesk/Operations role can be given to anyone within the organization in the Endpoint management/support path and with very quick tutorial they can become more efficient at resolving issues faster and within lower support bands. This exposure of the network keys changes that.

If security is of ultimate concern why not create guest accounts and require secure SSID with Dot1x?

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Please reach out and provide http://cs.co/ise-feedback
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: