Views
Helpful
Replies

Apache Service not starting in CiscoWorks LMS 3.1

max_gbp777
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The CiscoWorks LMS 3.1 Apache service does not start, even when the CiscoWorks daemon manager is restarted (net stop, net start)or server rebooted. The Daemon manager takes around 45 minutes to start the rest of the services.

Rebooted Server (Win 2k3 SP1), Reset casuser, removed Sophos, re-attempted, certificate renewed, rebooted, all without success.

Been advised that removing the server from the domain might help? but can't really see how if casuser is in correct User Assignment Rights.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

23 Replies 23

You missed an important part of the command. You need to run ConfigSSL.pl through the perl interpreter:

NMSROOT\bin\perl.exe NMSROOT\MDC\Apache\ConfigSSL.pl -disable

Hi Jclarke,

Ran with command instructed but still get the error below.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /cwhp/LiaisonServlet on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Please advise

Thank you,

Post the new output of pdreg -l Apache plus a screenshot of the Services control panel showing the CiscoWorks services.

Hi Jclarke,

Attached as requested.

Thank you,

Okay, do this:

NMSROOT\bin\perl.exe NMSROOT\MDC\Apache\ConfigSSL.pl -enable

That will fully enable SSL. Then, disable it:

NMSROOT\bin\perl.exe NMSROOT\MDC\Apache\ConfigSSL.pl -disable

Since SSL was fully enabled first, the script should then detect that it needs to be disabled, and remove all of the hooks. Then you should be able to access the pages with HTTP.

Hi Jclarke,

Yahoo! now able to log-in to CiscoWorks via web.

Checked RME and all devices are still available. Unable to view Syslog information from report generator.

Thank you for all your help, you are a life saver!

How do I find out what caused the problem as I do not want to do this again..... also I removed Sophos in the troubleshooting process do you think this had anything to do with it? Can I re-install it or do you recommend an alternate antivirus software?

Please advise,

Thank you,

Sophos most likely had nothing to do with this issue. The initial problem was that IIS was occupying tcp/443. That directly prevented Apache from starting. then, it looks as though someone had enabled SSL at one point, but when it was disabled, something went wrong. We corrected that with ConfigSSL.pl.

So, as long as you do not add another daemon to the system which uses the CiscoWorks ports, and as long as you do not re-enable SSL, you should be fine going forward.

Hi Jclarke,

I re-installed Sophos last night and all is still working.

Do you have any suggestions on how to retrieve the historical Syslog information?

Please advise,

Thank you,

Go ahead and start a new thread for the syslog issue.