Views
Helpful
Replies

APs not showing in Network Topology - Prime Infrastructure 3.7

DavidLewis79672
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have added some new APs to PI 3.7 and they are listed under Inventory>Device Management>Network Devices, but they do not show in Maps>Topology Maps>Network Topology. I have tried to add the APs to a group / site in  Inventory>Device Management>Network Devices but I receive an error message - "Add: operation failed. Adding to group failed: 1 Access point(s) can't be added to Campus." Can anyone explain what I am doing wrong please?

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Are the access point (models) supported by your current version of Prime Infrastructure ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

We already over one hundred of this model AP in PI that show up in topology.

- Use latest patch + device pack  for  PI3.7 , if that does not help consider upgrading Prime.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hello,

can you add the devices to a new (pre-defined or custom) device group through 'Inventory > Group Management > Network Device Groups' ?

I have just tried using - 'Inventory > Group Management > Network Device Groups' to add the APs to a group. Unfortunately this also fails.

Hello,

what (if any) is the difference between the APs that do show up in the topology, and those that do not ? I am thinking of CDP, Flexconnect, IOS version, etc...

Hi, 

I as far as I can see the configuration is identical including CDP, Flexconnect and IOS version.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card