Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM "this app can't run on your PC" - Windows 10 PRO 21H2

PeterScheich
Level 1
Level 1

I have tried the following fix but then I get another error:

"If you go into Start > Cisco ASDM-IDM Launcher > right click the launcher and go to More > Open file location
Then you'll be looking at the shortcut to the ASDM launcher, right click it and go to Properties and look at the Target. You'll see a long path to wscript.exe - change this to C:\Windows\System32\wscript.exe (leave the invisible.vbs run.bat on the end as these scripts are used to open up ASDM)."

Error:
Can not find script file "C:\Windows\system32\invisible.vbs".
Please advise 

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- In  any case you should lookup stuff like `cisco asdm requirements` or `...release notes` and related stuff with the search powers of the net. Chances are ASDM not being compatible with your Windows version or not supported.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hello,

could be related to your local security policy. Since you have Windows Pro, you have access to the local security editor. Check the procedure described in the video linked below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_N8hH66ms0

(FIXED) "This App Can't Run on your PC" in Windows 10 Does your PC say, "This app can't run on your PC" when you attempt to open an app? That's most likely because the app is incompatible with your PC. However, there could be other reasons, too. Luckily, you can apply a few fixes to your PC and ...

carstenlymann1
Level 1
Level 1

C:\Windows\System32\wscript.exe invisible.vbs run.bat

This is how it need to be. You are missing the wscript.exe 

Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts
/ Carsten

It is setup as "C:\Windows\System32\wscript.exe invisible.vbs run.bat" but after it runs it pop-ups with the error "Cannot find script file "C:\Windows\system32\invisible.vbs".

It works only when i re-create the shortcut manually.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card