Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM "this app can't run on your PC" - Windows 10 PRO 21H2

PeterScheich
Level 1
Level 1

I have tried the following fix but then I get another error:

"If you go into Start > Cisco ASDM-IDM Launcher > right click the launcher and go to More > Open file location
Then you'll be looking at the shortcut to the ASDM launcher, right click it and go to Properties and look at the Target. You'll see a long path to wscript.exe - change this to C:\Windows\System32\wscript.exe (leave the invisible.vbs run.bat on the end as these scripts are used to open up ASDM)."

Error:
Can not find script file "C:\Windows\system32\invisible.vbs".
Please advise 

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- In  any case you should lookup stuff like `cisco asdm requirements` or `...release notes` and related stuff with the search powers of the net. Chances are ASDM not being compatible with your Windows version or not supported.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hello,

could be related to your local security policy. Since you have Windows Pro, you have access to the local security editor. Check the procedure described in the video linked below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_N8hH66ms0

carstenlymann1
Level 1
Level 1

C:\Windows\System32\wscript.exe invisible.vbs run.bat

This is how it need to be. You are missing the wscript.exe 

Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts
/ Carsten

It is setup as "C:\Windows\System32\wscript.exe invisible.vbs run.bat" but after it runs it pop-ups with the error "Cannot find script file "C:\Windows\system32\invisible.vbs".

It works only when i re-create the shortcut manually.