Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR 1001-X Throughput Licenses

Currently using an ASR-1001X with two 10G interfaces – one out to our WAN and the other going back to our core.  Both of these links are capable of 10G.

Current license configuration: two 10G Interface Licenses, and one 10G Throughput License.

But, as usual, I'm confused.

We would like to achieve 10G upstream/downstream speeds on both of these interfaces at the same time (simultaneous full-duplex 10G with our core and full-duplex 10G with our WAN).

One TAC rep told us that in order to achieve this we would need a 20G Throughput License.  Is this accurate?

I guess my confusion is this:
Does the ESP Throughput License treat upstream/downstream traffic over a single interface as a whole (ie, it sends and receives data over a single link at 10G simultaneously OK using a 10G Throughput License)?
Or, regardless of interface, does it treat all upstream traffic and downstream traffic separately (ie, sends and receives data over a single link at 10G simultaneously OK using a 20G Throughput License)?

Thanks all ... 

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

you only need to purchase the 20Gbps throughput license because you got the 2x 10GE

check the below thread give more explanation :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/routing/asr-1001-x-20gb-s-licensing/m-p/4186079

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

licenses.PNG

Thanks ... also found this helpful.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card