cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR 1001X Management Interface not working

mramirez-t
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to set up interface g0 as management port.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.  It is a direct cat 5e from the mgmt port to a 3850 which we use for all mgmt IPs of switches/routers/servers/etc.

The ASR:

interface GigabitEthernet0

vrf forwarding Mgmt-intf

ip address 10.11.128.140 255.255.255.0

negotiation auto

The 3850:

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/33
description 1892-ASR1001X-RTR
switchport access vlan 1000
switchport mode access
spanning-tree portfast
end

The IP is free.  The LEDs on both ends of the connection are green.  If I shutdown the port on the 1001x, the corresponding 1/0/33 on the 3850 goes down.  It's a known good cable.  Tried disabling 'negotiation auto'.  Tried removing spanning-tree portfast.  Running 'show cdp neighbors' from either side of the connection doesn't display the 1001x or the 3850.  

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Diana Karolina Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Is your device (3850) learning the mac address of the ASR interface? Can you see the ip address with the right mac address in the arp table? 

Can you add this route and prove the connection? 

ip route vrf Mgmt-intf 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 type here the gateway IP of the management network 

Please do not forget to rate useful post.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Diana Karolina Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Is your device (3850) learning the mac address of the ASR interface? Can you see the ip address with the right mac address in the arp table? 

Can you add this route and prove the connection? 

ip route vrf Mgmt-intf 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 type here the gateway IP of the management network 

Please do not forget to rate useful post.

Best Regards,

Adding the gateway on the management interface worked.  Thanks.

Your welcome! a pleasure to help you. Thank you for taking the time in marking the question.

Best Regards!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: