cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Asset management tool

Mat Barry
Level 1
Level 1

I currently run LMS, NCS and Prime Infrastructure (testing).   We're trying to figure out a way to manage all of our devices and assets that aren't on the network, on top of what LMS is configured for.   We don't want to configure the device, just to add it to LMS unmanaged.    Is there a tool or product that Cisco provides which allows for manual input of devices to track asset tags, serials and other properties, without attaching them to the network?

I didn't see of any way to do it on LMS, as an unmanaged device doesn't allow for changes in the properties.  We have a room full of spare equipment and want to track all of it for property management.

Thanks,

Mat

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Keep the offline equipment properties in a spreadsheet. Export the LMS devices via a custom report to another spreadsheet. Merge and voila you have your consolidated inventory.

Or buy an honest-to-goodness asset management tool that manages both online and offline assets. Cisco doesn't offer one AFAIK.

We have a couple different apps for enterprise-wide property management, but they're pretty much garbage.  I just wondered if Cisco had a tool for this so we could keep networking equipment apart from the mud.   Our next solution was to just make a spreadsheet in Sharepoint, but I wanted to check on here first to absolve all options first.