cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto Acknowledge/Clear Faults under Faults View

tony.sangha
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently running Cisco Prime LMS 4.2.3 and have an issue where I would like to auto remove alerts from the faults view that match a specific Event Name, for example backup activated. The reason is, we run a extensive VoIP environment and are always being alerted when the BRI interfaces go up and down, which is normal for when people are placing calls etc.Which generates too many false posistive events.

Is there anyway to do this?

Would really appreciate your help. Thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Tony,

It is not OK to get a "backup activated" when a call is made over a PRI or BRI interface.

While you can prevent the forwarding of these events I don't think you can hide them fro the faults view.

To hide them you can locate and edit a file called tpmgr-param.conf.    Keep a copy of the original file!

IFDescrPattern-.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.875 ~*Bearer*

You need to find the SystemObjectID of the devicetype(s) you want to filter, like example here  1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.

the  ~*Bearer* will filter out the interfaces that have Bearer in the description. This will stop the channels from being monitored while the BRI / T1 / E1 / PRI remain monitored.

You need to rediscover the devices in faultmanagement when you have doen this.

Cheers,

Michel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: