cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any way to find unused ports in Prime LMS 4.2.3 ?

grassopj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We have just installed Prime LMS 4.2.3 (about a week ago), and it is pretty much working as expected, except for one thing - I cannot get any data back from the reclaim ports report.

I have tried both the Ports Up and Ports Down options, and have even taken the time frame down to one day, but always receive a "no records" result. Has anyone got this working?

Pretty much every other report I've tried so far returns results, just not this one.... We really need to use it to determine (over a period of time) what our actual port usage is for our replacement schedule over the next few years.

-Pete

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Pete,

You can go to "Reports > Inventory > Detailed Device "  to a get a list of the unused ports.

Look  for "Interfaces" section of the report where it will list the "Admin  Status",Operational Status" and "Last Changed" time. This information is  updated each time and inventory polling and collection is ran.

Also  try to run the Unused Up and down reports again , if you still did not get any results . try to change the Time Interval or Days (change it to 15 days ,by default it ran for 30 days) and see how it works !!!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.0/user/guide/Reports/switch_port_report.html#wp1212976

Thanks

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Pete,

You can go to "Reports > Inventory > Detailed Device "  to a get a list of the unused ports.

Look  for "Interfaces" section of the report where it will list the "Admin  Status",Operational Status" and "Last Changed" time. This information is  updated each time and inventory polling and collection is ran.

Also  try to run the Unused Up and down reports again , if you still did not get any results . try to change the Time Interval or Days (change it to 15 days ,by default it ran for 30 days) and see how it works !!!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.0/user/guide/Reports/switch_port_report.html#wp1212976

Thanks

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi Afroz,

The detailed device report is really useful, as it contains the time of the port change - I ran it for the switch I was interested in, and then exported the data into Excel and sorted on port status and change date to get the info I needed.

I also ran the "Reclaim up ports" again with the interval set for 15 days with zero result, however when I changed this to 5 days I started to get some info - my guess is that the data that is needed  for this report is collected once every week or so.

My server has been running for nearly two weeks now, so I will let it do it's thing for about a month, then run the report again to get some better statistics.

Thanks for your suggestions, much appreciated !

-Pete

If My post has fixed your issue then kindly Rate this Accordingly.

Thanks

Afroz

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: