cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C3850 switch refusing to tftp

Bryson F
Level 1
Level 1

Hey everyone, i have an issue with trying to tftp a file to a switch i have.  i have tried direct ethernet connection to the switch, with spanning tree and with out with just an access port. switch was unable to ping PC directly connect but pc could ping and reach internet. Tried with pingable device, moved file off of flash drive to the desktop to make the source file closer to the tftp server, tried "copy usbflash0 flash:" said i didnt have permissions to do this manually gave line con 0 highest permissions and the admin account i was associated with. still said not high enough permissions. TFTP appears to time out after about 15 seconds. i Did a c3850 yesterday at a different location it took ages but worked directly connected. any assistance to help point me in the right direction? what information would you need from me to help? Is there a manual tftp timeout setting? 

25 Replies 25

I will post config. im going to X out all the IPs we make for the safety of the business and users. Just to note the connection to the switch and the location it is at is not an issue but it will take some time for me to go through im also going to remove the crypto and class map stuff (base class map configs no changes were made to it)

Bryson F
Level 1
Level 1

@balaji.bandi @Georg Pauwen 

This is as much as i can give for the show run 

change this to right vlan  (VLAN1 has no config as per the show run)

interface Vlan1
no ip address
shutdown

ip tftp source-interface Vlan1

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

i accidentally left it on vlan1 i originally had it on vlan 284 since that is the source of the connection from my computer and that one did not work either. but ill change it back to vlan 284

Hello,

which Vlan does the IP address of your PC (172.16.30.202) belong to ? You don't need to blank out the IP addresses in the configuration you posted since they are all private IP addresses. Post the running configuration again with all IP addressing included, and indicate which port on the switch your PC is connected to.

Hello, 

sorry i was out on vacation everyone, but the vlan my 30.202 is on is vlan 1 on the core switch. That vlan doesnt have configs on the switch in question, the switch in question is also in a different geographic location as well. I would like to post the IP spaces but i asked my boss and he said he would prefer me not to post them publicly since we do have public facing IP address.

Bryson F
Level 1
Level 1

I havent done any research on anything like this but is it possible to file transfer from 3850 switch to 3850 switch? im just trying to think out of the box on this one that may be too far out of the box.

TFTP is some time fails when you use an outside the network than what people are inputting here...(as per the TFTP message you posted - it dropped because no response from the router)

so try a different option supported method FTP/SCP/SFTP?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I have tried fillezilla ftp outside the network, but inside the network i used a staff machine to tftp the file and it would not complete the process as well.

Which port on the switch is the PC connected to ? 

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/28
switchport access vlan 45
switchport mode access
spanning-tree portfast
spanning-tree bpduguard enable

this is the interface of the staff machine connected to the switch when i tried at the location and the port that i tried remotely would be this fiber sfp port

interface GigabitEthernet1/1/1
switchport access vlan 284
switchport mode access
!

** Do you think it could be a bug with the version? I could try to replace the switch if i have an extra one to bring it back and work on it for the time being. I believe that could help so i dont have to worry about messing it up during production