Views
Helpful
Replies

C9200 Upgrade Cisco Prime 3.9

AsimHafeez1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi gents 

I already copied Cisco IOS to cisco prime and already pushed to cisco switch through cisco prime but while Activating am having issue below and job is getting failed

Failed to update the boot configuration in the device. Details:-Software install command execution Failed:Error occured while executing the command install add file flash:cat9k_iosxe.17.06.04.SPA.bin activate commit.Command Output : FAILED: install_add_activate_commit /flash/cat9k-wlc.17.06.04.SPA.pkg /flash/cat9k-webui.17.06.04.SPA.pkg /flash/cat9k-srdriver.17.06.04.SPA.pkg /flash/cat9k-sipspa.17.06.04.SPA.pkg /flash/cat9k-sipbase.17.06.04.SPA.pkg /flash/cat9k-rpboot.17.06.04.SPA.pkg /flash/cat9k-rpbase.17.06.04.SPA.pkg /flash/cat9k-lni.17.06.04.SPA.pkg /flash/cat9k-guestshell.17.06.04.SPA.pkg /flash/cat9k-espbase.17.06.04.SPA.pkg /flash/cat9k-cc_srdriver.17.06.04.SPA.pkg: Cannot proceed activate because of user input

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AsimHafeez1
Level 1
Level 1

Issue resolved please find solution below

• As we have checked SWIM job was failing during activation
  • We have checked and find activation option was off same has been changed into on
  • We should choose either sequential or parallel.
  • If we choose as activation off the ideally, we are shutting down the activation itself.
  • That is the reason why the job is failing.
  • As of now software successfully upgrade into new version.
  • Activate Sequentialā€”Once the image distribution is completed for all the selected devices, the devices will reboot sequentially.
  • Activate Parallelā€” Once the image distribution is completed for all the selected devices, the devices will reboot simultaneously.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Remote into the switch and post the complete output: 

1. dir
  2. sh boot
  3. more flash:packages.conf

Hi

It seems to me that the user that Prime has does not have privilege to change the config on the switch. I ran into a similar issue in the past. 

Try to use a user with read/write privilege. 

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Also look up the exact device model in https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-9/supported/devices/PI39-Supported-Device-List.xlsx , then check if the current software version running meets requirement(s) as mentioned in Table S/W Version

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

AsimHafeez1
Level 1
Level 1

Issue resolved please find solution below

• As we have checked SWIM job was failing during activation
  • We have checked and find activation option was off same has been changed into on
  • We should choose either sequential or parallel.
  • If we choose as activation off the ideally, we are shutting down the activation itself.
  • That is the reason why the job is failing.
  • As of now software successfully upgrade into new version.
  • Activate Sequentialā€”Once the image distribution is completed for all the selected devices, the devices will reboot sequentially.
  • Activate Parallelā€” Once the image distribution is completed for all the selected devices, the devices will reboot simultaneously.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card