cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can Cisco Prime 2.2 still do a simple ad hoc deployment job of CLI over all the switches and routers

wei-ming.chi
Level 1
Level 1

In Cisco Prime 2.2 I see no way to do a simple adhoc CLI command line to be deployed over all network components.

The only way is using classic view to make a CLI template but his can only be deployed on a AP. Why is the rest of the network not important anymore and all you can see is wireless.

If you look at the picture of Configure/Template you can only see wireless template and there is no general template for a simple switch or router here

The good old NetConfig is easy to use and this I can not find in Prime 2.2

Where did Cisco hide this powerfull function?

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Don't use the deprecated classic view.

Switch to converged view and you will have full ability to do what you're asking. I've done it myself often.

Hallo Marvin,

In Prime 2.2 the converged view does has a bug. It does not show right view where you can add a CLI template.
If you can do the adhoc CLI deplyoment please tell me how can I find the job definition to deploy a adhoc CLI job.

Thank you for you time

Ming

Mine shows differently than yours. I am running Prime Infrastructure 2.2 with all available patches and viewing via Chrome (browser version 42). (I also verified from Firefox version 38 and IE 11.)

In my case I see the "Deploy" button when selecting a cli template I have created (open image in new tab to zoom):

Hallo Marvin,

You are right that lots depends on the browser In IE I can now see the same view as you do from My Template. 

But from CLI template I still can not see any possible things to do. According to Axians who sold the prime 2.2 it is a bug. But after I managed to install

I still having this problem not seeing any possible window button in CLI Template

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card