cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I mix permanent and subscription license in Prime Infrastructure?

passakorn.m
Level 1
Level 1

i have Prime version 3.7 with traditional perpetual license. and we have cisco prime subscription license that come with Cisco DNA Adventage.

my question is can i mix traditional perpetual license and subscription license in the same Prime ?

and if possible How can i do ?

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you give some example License you mentioned here ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Aftab Khan
Level 1
Level 1

Certainly! Mixing traditional perpetual licenses with subscription licenses in the same Cisco Prime version 3.7 is indeed possible. To achieve this, you can follow these steps:

1. Access Cisco Prime: Log in to your Cisco Prime interface with administrative privileges.

2. Navigate to Licensing: Look for the licensing or license management section within your Cisco Prime interface.

3. Add Subscription License: In this section, you should find an option to add licenses. Select the option to add a subscription license.

4. Input Subscription License Details: You will need to provide the details of your Cisco DNA Advantage subscription license, including the license key or activation code.

5. Activate and Verify: Follow the prompts to activate the subscription license. After activation, verify that it's successfully added to your Cisco Prime.

6. Manage Licenses: In the license management section, you should be able to see both your traditional perpetual license and the newly added subscription license.

By following these steps, you should be able to mix both types of licenses within the same Cisco Prime version 3.7 instance. This flexibility allows you to leverage the benefits of subscription-based licensing while maintaining your existing traditional licenses.

ammahend
VIP
VIP

Yes, if haven't done already, you have to convert perpetual to smart license and assign it to same account as your DNA term license.

check page 71 in this document

-hope this helps-

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card