cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can you use the LMS webserver/Portal to host a seperate intranet portal?

john.caterino
Level 1
Level 1

Running LMS 3.2 on Windows:

I need to create a portal based Intranet site for the customer and want to

know if I could use LMS to create a sepeate portal that would not

redirect for authentication. Trying to avoid buying another server for a small environment.

I have been able to serve normal pages by adding the paths to the allow_files.conf

but I need it to be portal based and and figured there might be a way to take advantage of

the existing jquery ..etc

any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You cannot use the existing portal/portlet framework within LMS without going through authentication/authorization.  Installing a parallel framework is not supported (at least not taking advantage of the same LMS infrastructure).

However, provided your LMS server has enough physical resources, you could install another Apache/Tomcat application server environment on the same machine.  That environment would use its own directories and ports.  You could even install your own copy of Liferay to provide portal services.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You cannot use the existing portal/portlet framework within LMS without going through authentication/authorization.  Installing a parallel framework is not supported (at least not taking advantage of the same LMS infrastructure).

However, provided your LMS server has enough physical resources, you could install another Apache/Tomcat application server environment on the same machine.  That environment would use its own directories and ports.  You could even install your own copy of Liferay to provide portal services.

jclarke,

Thanks for the info, thats just what I needed to move forward.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card