cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Open Topology Services from client

andrewdipta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm using LMS 3.2 and I can open the topology services from LMS server itself.

This LMS didn't use a DNS resolution

I can telnet from my laptop to port 42342 and  43242 using the LMS IP Address and Hostname, But unfortunately I still  cannot open Topology Services from my laptop.

I already disable AV at my laptop and Ciscowork Server.

Looking forward for your advice.

5 Replies 5

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

can you provide more information about the failure, a screenshot or the content of the java console or the exact message you get;
some common reasons are pop-up blocker and the wrong java version on your client;

Here it is the image problem when opening topology services from client,

I already check ANI service still running

I would suggest you need to check again for hostname issues;

1) check the hostname of the LMS server with the command "hostname" in a DOS box of the server

2) from the client try to telnet to the ports 42342 and 43242 using the hostname from step 1); like this in a DOS box on the client:

telnet yourlmsServer 42342

3) check the entry of PX_HOST in the file

NMSROOT\lib\classpath\md.properties

(NMSROOT is your installation path; windows default: C:\Program Files\CSCOpx)

if the value of PX_HOST is different form the one in step 1) test if the mentioned ports are available using this name

4) if you cannot establish a connection with one of the names you have to fix this issue by either adding a DNS entry or adding the names to the clients hosts file

Hi Mermel, Thanks for your suggestion

Point 1, LMS Server hostname is WIN-ERMZMLL6WQK

Point 2, I can telnet to both port using LMS Hostname and NAT IP Address  (10.255.7.80) --> IP real is 172.18.7.80

Point 3, the value is same with LMS Server hostname

For your info, actually I already set the LMS not using DNS resolveable by changing hostname to NAT IP Address (10.255.7.80) on

Common Service > Security > Single-Server management > Certificate Setup > Server Name

And I already add LMS Server hostname to etc host file on my windows.

Still didn't work..

Hi Mermel,

Finally I found the problem, I'm using the real IP address and remove NAT on LMS Server.

Change Common Service > Security > Single-Server management > Certificate Setup > Server Name back to real IP address..

And the topology services can works..

Thanks for your support.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: