cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Open Topology Services from client

andrewdipta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm using LMS 3.2 and I can open the topology services from LMS server itself.

This LMS didn't use a DNS resolution

I can telnet from my laptop to port 42342 and  43242 using the LMS IP Address and Hostname, But unfortunately I still  cannot open Topology Services from my laptop.

I already disable AV at my laptop and Ciscowork Server.

Looking forward for your advice.

5 Replies 5

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

can you provide more information about the failure, a screenshot or the content of the java console or the exact message you get;
some common reasons are pop-up blocker and the wrong java version on your client;

Here it is the image problem when opening topology services from client,

I already check ANI service still running

I would suggest you need to check again for hostname issues;

1) check the hostname of the LMS server with the command "hostname" in a DOS box of the server

2) from the client try to telnet to the ports 42342 and 43242 using the hostname from step 1); like this in a DOS box on the client:

telnet yourlmsServer 42342

3) check the entry of PX_HOST in the file

NMSROOT\lib\classpath\md.properties

(NMSROOT is your installation path; windows default: C:\Program Files\CSCOpx)

if the value of PX_HOST is different form the one in step 1) test if the mentioned ports are available using this name

4) if you cannot establish a connection with one of the names you have to fix this issue by either adding a DNS entry or adding the names to the clients hosts file

Hi Mermel, Thanks for your suggestion

Point 1, LMS Server hostname is WIN-ERMZMLL6WQK

Point 2, I can telnet to both port using LMS Hostname and NAT IP Address  (10.255.7.80) --> IP real is 172.18.7.80

Point 3, the value is same with LMS Server hostname

For your info, actually I already set the LMS not using DNS resolveable by changing hostname to NAT IP Address (10.255.7.80) on

Common Service > Security > Single-Server management > Certificate Setup > Server Name

And I already add LMS Server hostname to etc host file on my windows.

Still didn't work..

Hi Mermel,

Finally I found the problem, I'm using the real IP address and remove NAT on LMS Server.

Change Common Service > Security > Single-Server management > Certificate Setup > Server Name back to real IP address..

And the topology services can works..

Thanks for your support.