Views
Helpful
Replies

CBW150AX web interface management

kasper
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have set CBW150AX by using the Cisco Business iOS app. That works fine. However I would like the possibility of monitoring and configuring by web interface but whenever I try to connect to the unit it times out.

Why is it not possible to access the web UI?

Thanks.

12 Replies 12

marce1000
VIP
VIP

-  Can you ping the device (with the address or hostname as used in the browser) ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Yes, I can ping it and I can connect to it on WiFi.

- Check if there's no local firewall on your device blocking http(s) access to it  , same for intermediate firewalling (if any). Check if you can get to the web interface on a device on the same subnet as the AP (if applicable) to verify possible unwanted firewalling .  You may further get insights by for instance using google chrome, press F12 first , then press the network tab, then connect to the CBW150AX web interface . (look for web traffic) , try the other tabs too in the chrome developer tools to analyze the problem , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thank you. However there is unfortunately no usable info in the dev tabs. It is a timeout.

- That still means that there is a fundamental problem with the (needed) network path (connectivity) , look for the first sentences in my earlier reply concerning firewalling issues and for instance try traceroute to the AP.

M.

Yes, I know. I have tried to setup a network of just the AP and a Mac. No firewalls. Still no connection, just timeout. It is like the AP not accepting the request.

A traceroute just returns * * *

>....I have tried to setup a network of just the AP and a Mac
                       Try to use a switched network in between

- Connect a console and reboot it , watch for errors if any during boot.
   Ref : https://nmap.org/  Also try : % nmap --reason -p443 CBW150AX                   (hostname)

M.

kasper
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you, I need to try that at a later stage. But I have connected 8 AP's connected and none of them can be accessed. There are no firewalls or anything else. It is very frustrating!

- Postponing analytics and or suggested troubleshooting makes no sense ; the problem won't go away....

M.

Well, yes that's true, but it's also easy to say!

I don't have the big experience in the console. You wan't me to console into the switch? And then how do I find the issue of the AP?

- The referenced nmap command from my earlier reply needs to be executed from the device you are trying to access the AP from , 

M.

kasper
Level 1
Level 1

For some reason the web interface started working after a lot of reboots during the installation. 

Thank you for taking the time.