Views
Helpful
Replies

CCNA 200-301

samuelnwadike
Level 1
Level 1

hi everyone 

please just to verify, someone has just told me that its not advisable to use wide card mask in the exam for either eigrp or ospf. please and please can this be true, is there any fact in this ?  

8 Replies 8

Javier Acuña
Spotlight
Spotlight

Greetings, thanks for communicating with the Cisco community. I understand that you want to advertise routes with a mask, it is preferable to use smaller masks to even initiate the routes, then I will send you a comparison between the different routing protocols.

EIGRPOSPF

Setup

Easy

Difficult

Design

Flexible

Rigid

Scalability

Medium to Large Networks

Large Networks

CPU, Memory, and Bandwidth

More Efficient

Less Efficient

Provider Support

Less likely supported

Most likely supported

Load balancing

Equal and Unequal

Equal

IPv6

EIGRP Classic mode for IPv4 EIGRP Named mode for IPv6

Traditional OSPF OSPFv3 for IPv6 address family

convergencia.png

In the graph you will find the assessment of convergence according to the routes

remember to rate this answer as this motivates you to continue contributing click on the star

Martin L
VIP
VIP

why not? it depends on a question; they may ask to advertise /30 only but not /24 or vice versa or they don't care.

I took CCNA very long time ago and I could use it or not, it was up to me. But I am not sure about  new CCNA exam.  you could ask this on CLN in CCNA study group/forum to see if anyone has any issues with wide card mask in the exam.

Note: Since COVID number of people taking exams is low, so you may not get answer but in case of eigrp/ospf, it should be similar to previous exam version.

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/s/discussions

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Thanks for your responds it dose help, please would you be kind to give me links to better study group(s). the ones i have on what's app, seems to be a sales point where they never answer questions but suggest what you could buy to get answers from. 

Thanks Martin L 

go and look around in https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/s/communities

CLN is the official Cisco site for certs, exams, and exam topics/technologies;

This site here is more of real-world issues and technologies and support.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

surbhinahta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am also learning CCNA and this information helps me to learn more about it. 

CCNA is the first step toward your IT career and it is an entry level networking certification. If a person is CCNA certificate holder then he can get suited job in his desired IT field. If  you are interested in  learning CCNA then you can get in touch with seven mentor, it provides best CCNA course in Pune and has record of almost 100% placement of their students.

rishabsain
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for sharing. The CCNA is an entry-level networking certification that can allow you to get a career as a network expert, network administrator or network engineer in the IT industry. It refers to Cisco's wide range of technical skills in the IT sector. Organizations choose these industry-standard certifications because they show a job candidate's technical training and expertise.

CCNA Course In Pune

iteducation92
Level 1
Level 1

Your sharing of the CCNA certification is much appreciated. It demonstrates a deep understanding of the IT industry and certifies that you possess the necessary knowledge to be a network expert, administrator, or engineer. It is also a testament to one's technical training and demonstrates one's skills aligning with industry standards.

CCNA course in Pune