Views
Helpful
Replies

Certification required for CCNP renewal

ivtobal1981
Level 1
Level 1

Good Afternoon,

I am currently certified as CCNP Enterprise, and I would like to know what certification would allow me to renew it for another 3 years

From what I understand, obtaining a complementary certification such as CCNP ENARSI 300-410 would be enough, but I doubt if I also need to pass the CCNP ENCOR exam. I think not, because I already have the CCNP Enterprise certification since 2018, and what I just want is to renew it, not get it new. Can someone clarify these specific questions for me?

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you have valid any CCNP Enterprise certification, then you can take any exam of CCNP Enterprice to re-cert of CCNP.

But  if you like to jump another cert CCNP Security, you need to take Core Exam, same case if you like to pursue CCIE. ( you need Core Exampl)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/training-events/training-certifications/recertification-policy.html#~requirements

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Martin L
VIP
VIP

You do not need new certification (Pro or higher level certification); you just need pass 1 or 2 exams depending on exam type OR earn CE Credits  OR mix of exam and credits. see options in table from link shared by BB

if you need more info, go to CLN learningnetwork.cisco.com/s/discussions

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Hi, 

Thank you for you answer

I don't quite understand it. To understand the question itself. I have until March validated CCNP ENTERPRISE. To renew it, do I need to pass the CCNP ENCOR 350-401 exam? Or, would it be enough to take a single concentration test, for example the 300-410 ENARSI?

I have asked several people and each one tells me a different thing.

Link above shared by BB shows u following options:

• Pass one technology core exam
  • Pass any two separate professional concentration exams
  • Pass any one expert-level written exam
  • Pass any one expert-level Lab/Practical exam
  • Earn 80 CE credits

Or

• Pass any one professional concentration exam and earn 40 CE credits

Note: each bullet-point above is an option for re-cert of CCNP cert

No, single concentration exam does not renew CCNP cert.  it gives you complementary certification but u will need 1 more concentration exam. So, this option gives you a need for 2 professional concentration exams like ENARSI and something else from Enterprise or any other track;

OR,  alternatively, you can take 1 Core exam like ENCOR 350-401, or SCOR from Security track or any 1 other CORE exam from other tracks.

OR  "1 expert-level written exam" option means you can take CCDE Written exam as only that exam qualifies as expert level

IF you still need more clarification, go to CLN which is official cert and exam support site https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/s/discussions

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **