vlan 10 - users

vlan 20- phones

vlan 30- voice servers

vlan 40- guest wifi users

vlan 50- wlc mgmt subnet

vlan 60- wifi users

vlan 70- switches mgmt 

vlan 80- servers

the site needs to change the subnet of all the vlans , in which order should i change the vlans subnet? any recommendation?

3 Replies 3

Martin L
VIP
VIP

what are subnets ids and mask now and how many users/devices are in each of those vlans.

why do you changing subnets? reason ?

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you are on-site and physically have access devices - it does not matter., since you do require small downtime changing the whole topology.

I will start with Wired first -  Like switch management.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

We have only very limited information about this situation and that makes it difficult to give good or comprehensive advice. We are told that a switch has 8 vlans. We are not told whether this switch is providing ip routing support for each of these vlans. We are not told what else is in the network that might need to communicate with the devices connected on this switch. We are not told whether there is dynamic routing for these networks or whether it is using static routing. All of these factors could impact the advice that we would give. 

Given the very limited information available so far I would say that it could be an arbitrary choice of which to do first, and in what order to change them. 

HTH

Rick