Views
Helpful
Replies

ChassisView cannot find applicable device package

shaanismath
Level 1
Level 1

This post is related to my other post
https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3288869#3288869. I opened up a new post because the order of my replies is mixed up in the other post

Summary of the problem: Certain devices in Ciscoview chassis view are reporting the problem "Cannot find applicable device package"

Things I have done so far:
1. Run software updates from CiscoView and RME. When I click on 'Download updates', it says no new updates available. I am running CV 6.1.9, RME 4.3.1 on LMS 3.2
2. Run device updates for Ciscoview and RME, I get this message "All the available package(s) at source location are already installed"
3. manually download the file "Cat2960.cv50.v8-1.zip" , stored it in C:\psu_download and then tried doing update from server location rather than cisco.com, however I get this message  Cat2960(8.1):Consistency check failed for base package DtShare.
What does that mean? is the file corrupt or not compatible with lMS 3.2?

Is there anything else I can do to get the chassisview device package issue resolved?

1 Reply 1

shaanismath
Level 1
Level 1

Just so its useful to somebody in the future, the problem was resolved was downloading and installing an additional file apart from the 2960 and 3560 device packages. The file was called dtshare and can be found under ciscoview shared device package updates.