cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cicoworks:How to find 10 mb ports in Switches?

raza555
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

We have about 3000 switches configured in CiscoWorks and want to find out;

1. which ethernet ports of the switches are configured with speed 10 mb? A kind of  report for it.

2. Then after few days configure those ports to auto/auto.

We are using;

LMS 3.2

RME 4.3.0

CM 5.2.1

THANKS

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

An Inventory custom report will accomplish your first objective. I don't have an LMS 3.2 Admin Guide handy to cross-reference the menu selections; but I just tested creating one in LMS 4.0 and it worked fine. Just create a custom inventory report, choosing all switches (or a group of them) where interface speed (Mbps) = 10.

The second bit is a bit harder (in my estimation) as you are looking to seed the a job with the results of a query. Possible, I'm sure, but I'll defer to one of the other members with experience doing so to guide you on that bit.

By doing in Inventory custom report,I am getting all switch ports running at 10 i.e. auto-10 or fixed speed 10.But I only fixed speed 10 ports so that I configure those ports to auto speed.  If above is difficult can we just find  via Campus Manager switches with Fast Ethernet ports running at fixed speed 10. So that we convert those ports speed to auto  Thanks

Ah OK, I see. you need more of a compliance type job in that case.

I'm not up on the precise syntax / creation steps but you can do a compliance job where you check "All switches" for "speed 10" and for those switches execute "no speed 10" + "speed auto" everywhere you find the prerequisite "speed 10" command.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card