cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2921 configure router for internet access

christiaanh2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone I have a Cisco router 2921 with iOS 15 I want to configure this router for internet access at g0/0 you have to use the command int g0/0 dhcp I used that command and then my moden automatically gives an ip address but for the other Interface I don't know what ip address to add I have now connected my computer directly to the modem and then I get this information when I enter ipconfig at CMD Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : home
IPv6 Address 2a02:1810:a412:be00:9922:de3d:936:1ab8
Temporary IPv6 Address 2a02:1810:a412:be00:18b7:fef5:3374:d786
Link-local IPv6 Address fe80::9922:de3d:936:1ab8%16
IPv4 Address 192.168.0.189
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway fe80::6802:b8ff:fe86:246%16

does anyone know what ip address i should add to interface g0/2

38 Replies 38

I was able to solve the problem myself the previous owner had not put something back correctly causing the router to ignore my saved configuration it was probably because they forgot their password

the reconfiguration of my router is no longer necessary but you can help me with something you can also set up my Cisco ASA 5510 for internet Access

Hello,

sure thing. So the ASA would be placed between the router and the switch:

HP Procurve --> ASA --> 2921 --> ISP

Before getting started, you need to decide which traffic you want to allow into your network By default, the ASA blocks everything.

It actually would make more sense, from a security point of view, to place the ASA between the 2921 and the ISP router...

so you recommend to put the ASA in front of my router that an internet cable goes directly from my isp directly into the ASA

Exactly, that would be the best option, from a security point of view.

Ok then I will connect it like this then there will be an internet cable from my isp directly to my ASA 5510 and from the ASA 5510 to my router 2921

dear if you are ready to configure my ASA 5510 let me know via the forum I will send you my Teamviewer login details on the forum

Hello,

which traffic do you want to allow and which traffic do you want to block ? That has to be answered before any configuration. The ASA blocks everything by default, it is a security device, so you need to know first what you want to accomplish by putting it in your network.

ok otherwise I have a proposal Do you happen to have Skype or Facebook if you have Facebook Can we have an audio conversation via Facebook that is also easier for me to explain how I want the ASA 5510 to be configured We can also have an audio conversation this way do that you can talk to me and that I can better explain me because through the form it is a bit difficult for me I find it easier if I can talk to a person what I would like to configure on the ASA5510

Or can you configure the router for me via Teamviewer?????