cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Access Registrar 5 : What design or requirements for active/ active deploiement

ikbeli230477
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Every one

I want to install Cisco Access Registrar 5  on two different servers in active/ active design

What design or requirements for active/ active deploiement ?

Using Sun Solaris ? (i know using sun Sloaris i can have this mode of high availability BUT I PREFER INSTALLING IT ON  RED HAT ENTERPRISE )

Using RED HAT ENTERPRISE on the two servers  ?   i wan to knew if i must use Vmware with the adequate licences (Vcenter) to provide FT fonctionnality for active / active Design ?

How i can use the replication   to provide a complet active / active Design ?

Cordialement

Zammit Ikbel

1 Reply 1

jasmina27s
Level 1
Level 1

It depends what functionalities you want to use on CAR.

For example:

If only plain authentication is needed, you can install two servers independently and just configure replication between them (they just need IP visibility to replicate configuration). NAS clients can contact servers in  round-robin or you can share load on two servers in some other way.

If you want CAR to perform session management and dynamic IP address allocation, than you need some cluster solution, as two servers must have synchronized state of sessions and consistent administration of addresses allocated from a pool.

Best regards,

Jasmina

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card