Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASR 1006-X - Crit Led Alarm

secureitgroup
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a Cisco ASR 1006-X that I cant seem to get the crit led light to go off, I have been under the impression that interfaces that are down, down vs being admin down would cause this but all my interfaces are up, up or admin down.

I have attached a show ip int bri & show facility-alarm status since it is more user friendly to read vs copy and past of text.ASR-SHOW-IP-INT-BRI.png
ASR-SHOW-FAC.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Here is where I am with cisco support currently, I will test the resolution outlined in the bug.  I figured I would share just incase any others find this beneficial

Hope you’re doing great.

Upon further research and discussion with our colleagues, based on the evidence provided the FAN status are working fine, in this case we found these symptoms are documented on the following software defect:

CSCvx32807

False positive alarm: IOSXE_RP_ALARM-6-INFO: ASSERT CRITICAL Fan Tray Bay 1 Fan Tray Module Missing

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvx32807

checking in detail we have confirmed the current IOS-XE code you’re running is impacted, since this is a false positive you can fix the issue by OIR the Fantray.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Did you also check the logs , do you see suspicious events ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can ignore Info alarms, that only because SFP missing or other one port shutdown mode

you need to more focus in CRITICAL the FAN and other stuff, if the FAN installed and work, this may be bug,  what code running on this device ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

The logs do not show anything alarming, this device is not in production and its configuration is pretty simple.

It is running "asr1000rpx86-universalk9.16.09.06.SPA.bin"

If no other new alarms then the old alarm stay as it is until new one overide :

Try clearing :

#clear facility-alarm ?
critical Clear critical (audible) facility alarms
hw-module Hardware module alarms
major Clear major (audible) facility alarms
minor Clear minor (audible) facility alarms
na Clear na (audible) facility alarms
nr Clear nr (audible) facility alarms
<cr> <cr>

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello,

does 'clear facility-alarm' do anything ?

I guess a reboot would be an option...

Yes I have cleared facility-alarm critical and the old message do not flush out.

alarm.png

alarm2.png

Hello,

what is the output of:

show platform diag

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

"Fan tray module is missing" -- Does not sound good.

Here is where I am with cisco support currently, I will test the resolution outlined in the bug.  I figured I would share just incase any others find this beneficial

Hope you’re doing great.

Upon further research and discussion with our colleagues, based on the evidence provided the FAN status are working fine, in this case we found these symptoms are documented on the following software defect:

CSCvx32807

False positive alarm: IOSXE_RP_ALARM-6-INFO: ASSERT CRITICAL Fan Tray Bay 1 Fan Tray Module Missing

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvx32807

checking in detail we have confirmed the current IOS-XE code you’re running is impacted, since this is a false positive you can fix the issue by OIR the Fantray.

Okay I wanted to update this in the event anyone else runs into this, following the recommended procedure from cisco resolved the issue.

I did a On Line Removal of each fan module one at a time and the Crit light is now off, thanks for everyone's efforts. 

Hello,

good information. Just out of curiosity, did OIR the fan tray remove that false positive alert ?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card