Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASR 9010 - RSP and LC Card Compatibility

aridy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Cisco ASR 9010 Router, that I would like to upgrade.

For the moment the RSPs that I have are A9K-RSP-4G and the line cards are A9K-4T-L and A9K-2T20GE-L.

I want to to replace the existing RSPs with A9K-RSP880-LT-TR.

My question is if the A9K-RSP880-LT-TR are compatible with my existing Line Cards and if is it possible to find any document that shows compatibility between different RSP Cards and Line Cards, because so far I couldn't find any.

Thanks in advance,

Aridy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

- That's a misunderstanding of mine, indeed, I was only referring to the  Table. If your cards are not listed I presume they will be unsupported with that particular route processor.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/asr-9000-series-aggregation-services-routers/datasheet-c78-733763.html

- If you look at Table 4 , I presume that the mentioned line cards would be supported 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi Marce,

Thanks for your reply.

As far as I can understand, i think that they are not compatible, because none of my actual Line Cards is part of that table.

Why do you think they are compatible?

Thanks

- That's a misunderstanding of mine, indeed, I was only referring to the  Table. If your cards are not listed I presume they will be unsupported with that particular route processor.

M.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card