Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted

Cisco Business Dashboard Certificate problems

Hi all,

I've been working on a test setup with Business Dashboard and am running into some problems I can't seem to solve. 

The setup:

• Cisco Business Dashboard running in Azure on Ubuntu 16.04
  • Network Equipment
    • RV340 router RV340-K9-G5
    • 2x Business 250 Smart switches (1x POE, 1x non-POE) CBS250-8T-E-2G-EU and CBS250-8P-E-2G-EU
    • CBW140AC-E access point

What I'm trying to archieve:

1. Redirect the devices to Business Dashboard using Plug and Play Connect (software.cisco.com)
  2. Claim and provision the devices in Business Dashboard
  3. Manage the devices from Business Dashboard

The problem:

I'm running into certificate problems.

When using a self-signed certificate created by Business Dashboard redirection from Plug and Play Connect works fine. The device shows up in Business Dashboard and I can provision it. But after provisioning the device remains offline. The error on the device itself noted the certificate of Business Dashboard was invalid. It seems that after provisioning the device loses the certificate pushed by Plug and Play Connect. 

I then purchased a certicate signed by a public CA (Sectigo), as soon as I uploaded this certificate to Business Dashboard all devices were reporting online and everything was working fine. 

To verify the entire process was working I reset alle devices back to factory defaults. I uploaded the Business Dashboard certificate to my Plug and Play Connect controller profile and booted up the first device. 

The redirection from Plug and Play Connect now keeps failing on certificate errors.

I've tried uploading the following combinations of certificates to the Plug and Play Controller profile:

• Only the server certificate (downloaded from Business Dashboard)
  • Only the server certificate (converted the crt received from the certificate broker to pem)
  • The full chain (root, intermediate 1, intermediate 2, server)
  • Partial chain 1 (root, intermediate 1, intermediate 2)
  • Partial chain 2 (intermediate 2, server)
  • Partial chain 3 (intermediate 1, intermediate 2, server)
  • Only the root certificate

I'm starting to lose hope, does anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

So I fixed part of the problem.

I took one of the switches and started trying more combinations of certificates to see if it would work. Eventually by uploading only 1st intermediate in the chain the devices were able to get redirected by plug and play connect and connect to the business dashboard. 

Next problem, when only connecting the RV340 it won't come online in business dashboard...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

So I fixed part of the problem.

I took one of the switches and started trying more combinations of certificates to see if it would work. Eventually by uploading only 1st intermediate in the chain the devices were able to get redirected by plug and play connect and connect to the business dashboard. 

Next problem, when only connecting the RV340 it won't come online in business dashboard...

View solution in original post

Content for Community-Ad