cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Configuration Professional with Windows 7

brian.hooper
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone attempted to use CCP with Windows 7?  I am running the following on my system:

Windows 7 Professional 32 bit

Java 1.6.10

IE8

UAC is at it's lowest setting.

I know that the minium requirements call for IE7 and, at the latest, Vista, but I was curious if there is a way to trick CCP into running on Win7.  The program installs without a problem, but when I run CCP, I get a random error that just says "Please correct the following error" - "error", with no explanation.

I am trying CCP because I cannot get SDM to run either...

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance!!

27 Replies 27

bryan.hodges
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same problem. I had CCP 2.0 installed on Vista 32 bit with IE 8 and it was working fine. After I upgraded to 32 bit Windows 7, and tried to launch CCP I get the same error with no explaination. I have tried updating Java, uninstalling 2.0 and installing 1.4, adding localhost:8600 to default to compatibly mode in IE 8, all to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated as i do not know CLI, and I am dead in the water with out CCP.

Thanks!

toufikzemri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Adobe Flash Player is required to run Cisco Configuration Professional. If you do not have Adobe Flash Player installed in your system. Exit Cisco Configuration Professional, install the Adobe Flash Player, and then start Cisco Configuration Professional.

brian.hooper
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all...

I have been using CP v 2.4 for a few weeks now with Java version 1.6.17 with the following runtime parameters...

-Xmx256m -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false

Also - there is a security setting that needs to be disabled in the Java Control Panel as well

Advanced - Java Plug In - uncheck the 'Enable next generation Java plug-in' and restart the browser.

It is working great on Windows 7-64bit with IE8.

Hope this helps!!

The box to uncheck "enable next generation Java plug-in" is greyed out for me.

gabberdim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there!

I also try to use CCP with windows 7 and iexplorer 9.

Im able to discover the router and press confiqure, but every time i press something that starts java i get a forever loading screen like this :

http://i47.tinypic.com/1qhoye.jpg

Any suggestions?

What version of Java are you running?  I am running CCP v2.5 on Win7 32-bit (and 64-bit) with Java 1.6.0.17 - also - did you set your runtime paramaters in the java control panel as stated above?

These settings have worked for me since my last post. 

I tried CCP 2.5 and 2.6 and im runinng 1.6.0.17 right now. I also tried 1.6.0.16.

Running parameter -Xmx256m -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false and Java next generation plugin unckecked....

Update...

Problem solved when i used different ios version with GNS3.

what is the IOS version that worked?

Maher Shaban
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

the solution is simple, just disable active-X filter on IE.  from tools uncheck active-x filter

Wishes,

Maher

sukhesh c.s
Level 1
Level 1

My pc also not opening CCP after Change the port setting from com1 to com5 and com2 to com10 port is working now fixed.

ok, it's a 6 years ago conversation....but...

i also have problem with ccp and windows 7 64bit.

see the attachment please :'(

Francesco,

I haven't used CCP in a good while - since then I have converted to the command line for all of my configurations.  However, The last release i used was version 2.x if I remember correctly.  

Have you tried these settings from my post from 4 years ago??

Hey all...

I have been using CP v 2.4 for a few weeks now with Java version 1.6.17 with the following runtime parameters...

-Xmx256m -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false

Also - there is a security setting that needs to be disabled in the Java Control Panel as well

Advanced - Java Plug In - uncheck the 'Enable next generation Java plug-in' and restart the browser.

It is working great on Windows 7-64bit with IE8.

Hope this helps!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: