Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO ICM/IPCC vs HP CIM Agent

The_Coach
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I don't know if I post at the right forum, if not redirect me to at the right place.

We have 10 HP Proliant servers DL380 with CISCO ICM/IPCC with the SNMP service. This service disable the Windows SNMP service when installing. Those servers have HP CIM Agent installed and need the Windows SNMP service the work. How can HP CIM Agent works using the ICM/IPCC service. I need a recipe to force the HP agent to work with ICM/IPCC.

Thanks

Serge

1 Reply 1

tstanik
Level 5
Level 5

Some SNMP platforms can directly share data with the CiscoWorks2000 server using Common Information Model/eXtensible Markup Language (CIM/XML) methods. CIM is a common data model of an implementation-neutral schema for describing overall management information in a network/enterprise environment. CIM is comprised of a specification and a schema. The specification defines the details for integration with other management models such as SNMP MIBs or Desktop Management Task Force Management Information Files (DMTF MIFs), while the schema provides the actual model descriptions.