Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Network Assistant Problems

I get this error when installing it on Windows 7

ERROR:POSTINSTALLCUSTOMACTIONS

javaPathString "C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\Cisco Network Assistant\packages\runtime-1.51\bin\javaw"

rootDirPropertyString -DROOTDIR="C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\Cisco Network Assistant"

classPathPropertyString -classpath

classPathValueString "C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\Cisco Network Assistant\packages\startup-1.51\cmdsvc.jar;packages\startup-1.51\cna_boot.jar;packages\startup-1.51\cna_launcher.jar;packages\i18n-1.51\i18n.jar"

mergeClassValueString com.cisco.cpnm.boot.internal.Merge

Cannot run program ""C:\Program" (in directory "C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\Cisco Network Assistant"): CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

Is there something I could do to fix this ?

Thanks.

9 Replies 9

ngoldwat
Level 4
Level 4

Some questions:

What version are you running? 

Are you joined to a domain?

Are you installing as an administrator?

Does the installer have the required privileges? 

Are there any Windows Event Logs?

Here are the Release Notes for version 5.

I just installed version 5.8 (5)  with no issues on Windows 7 Ultimate.

You can navigate to Help > Support Information > Troubleshooting Log for more information.

On mine:

======== System Properties ========

java.runtime.name=Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment

sun.boot.library.path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\Cisco Network Assistant\packages\runtime-1.51\bin

java.vm.version=10.0-b19

commandline.arguments=C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\Cisco Network Assistant\utilities\prelaunch\prelaunch.exe

java.vm.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.

java.vendor.url=http://java.sun.com/

path.separator=;

java.vm.name=Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM

file.encoding.pkg=sun.io

sun.java.launcher=SUN_STANDARD

user.country=US

sun.os.patch.level=Service Pack 1

javax.accessibility.screen_magnifier_present=true

java.vm.specification.name=Java Virtual Machine Specification

user.dir=C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\Cisco Network Assistant

java.runtime.version=1.6.0_05-b13

java.awt.graphicsenv=sun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironment

ROOTDIR=C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\Cisco Network Assistant

java.endorsed.dirs=C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\Cisco Network Assistant\packages\runtime-1.51\lib\endorsed

os.arch=x86

Thanks

Unfortunately, I have the same problem.

On Windows 7 64-bit Cisco Network Assistant installed with no problem.

But on virtual machine Windows 2008R2 Enterprise 64bit it's impossible.

javaPathString "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\Cisco Network Assistant\packages\runtime-1.53\bin\javaw"

rootDirPropertyString -DROOTDIR="C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\Cisco Network Assistant"

jvmEnvString -Xms256m -Xmx1024m

classPathValueString "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\Cisco Network Assistant\packages\startup-1.53\cmdsvc.jar;packages\startup-1.53\cna_boot.jar;packages\startup-1.53\cna_launcher.jar;packages\i18n-1.53\i18n.jar"

Cannot run program ""C:\Program" (in directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\Cisco Network Assistant"): CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

Has anyone had a similar problem and solved it?

Anyone ? 

1 Disable the firewall

2 Disable the antivirus software

3 reinstall as administrator

it might help

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, without firewall - did not work (no AV installed)

javaPathString "C:\Cisco\Cisco Network Assistant\packages\runtime-1.56\bin\javaw"

rootDirPropertyString -DROOTDIR="C:\Cisco\Cisco Network Assistant"

jvmEnvString -Xms256m -Xmx1024m

classPathValueString "C:\Cisco\Cisco Network Assistant\packages\startup-1.56\cmdsvc.jar;packages\startup-1.56\cna_boot.jar;packages\startup-1.56\cna_launcher.jar;packages\i18n-1.56\i18n.jar"

Cannot run program ""C:\Cisco\Cisco" (in directory "C:\Cisco\Cisco Network Assistant"): CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

Harald-Norvik
Level 1
Level 1

I solved my issues with CNA and installer / java issues by installing it in a directory that is not under Program Files. 

The directory I installed into was C:\CISCO and everything came up nicely. 

I think many of these issues are cause by Windows 7 UAC which prohibits writing to any of the Program Files subdirectories without administrator access. 

Hope this solves the issue for some of you - at least it solved my "Cannot create Java Virtual machine" on my system. 

Regards,

Harald

It's cool. I disable UAC and setup CNA in the directory C:\CISCO. Thanks.

I think in this case is about the long path, because I disabled the UAC and install it on a large path with spaces, and its don´t work.

Then, I enable the UAC again and install on a short Path like D:\Cisco and it´s works.

For this, I think there is a problem with the Windows Long Paths.

Best Regards